Microsoft Office 365 is a collection of cloud-based, pay-as-you-go applications and platforms. They all have their different uses and advantages. Depending on what you are trying to achieve in your organization, an Office 365 product may or may not be appropriate for the task.
Microsoft Office 365 Exchange is one of the main services available from Office 365. It is an enterprise-level, business email service. What are the benefits of moving your organization’s email to Microsoft’s cloud?
- Work Anytime, Anywhere:Get full access to all of your email folders, contacts, and calendars; from the web, your email client, and your mobile devices. Changes are synchronized between platforms, so nothing is lost.
- Generous Disk Space:Hosted exchange mailboxes start at 50GB per mailbox.
- Calendaring:Schedule meetings with colleagues, view colleague calendars and availability, book meeting rooms, assign calendar/mailbox access to delegates and administrative assistants.
- Eliminate Scheduling Conflicts:For resources such as meeting rooms and equipment
- Spam and Malware Filters:All inbound and outbound messages pass through Microsoft’s Forefront Online server before entering or leaving the system
- Savings:Save money by not having to purchase additional equipment, servers, and licensing to support enterprise email services. Services are provided on a subscription basis and infrastructure is hosted offsite. Pricing for Exchange starts at $4/user/moth
The platform is easy to manage, available across a number of devices and platforms, highly available, and rapidly scalable. Data stored in Exchange Online is HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley compliant.
The most difficult part of the process is that of selecting the appropriate licensing, and achieving a successful migration from your existing service to Office 365. That is where we suggest you work with a knowledgeable and experienced IT provider, like TRA Consulting, to assist in facilitating the necessary changes. TRA Consulting, Inc. is a Microsoft Cloud Partner and Subscription Advisor.
Please review some of our other Office 365 Competencies:
- Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint (COLLABORATION)
- Microsoft Office 365 Productivity Licensing (SOFTWARE)
- Microsoft Office 365 Skype For Business (COMMUNICATIONS)
- Microsoft Azure (HOSTED SERVER)